Is there anything better than the smell of something warm and delicious in your kitchen in the morning. Nope!
We LOVE oatmeal around here. While in the hospital after having both boys the only thing I wanted was oatmeal. I would order it at least twice a day and I was so excited when my warm bowl of oatmeal arrived. I would stir in just the right amount of sugar and raisins and savor every bite. My husband thought it was totally weird that this is what I wanted, but I couldn’t resist.
After getting home, I quickly realized that both of my boys share the same affinity for oatmeal that I do. I decided it was time to make our own and it has become a staple in our mornings ever since.
Can your smell the cinnamon yet? This is when Carson gets really excited. He can see the bubbles starting to form and he knows it is time to add the oats, apples and raisins.
This Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal is everything you need to have the perfect morning. Simple, quick and oh so delicious!
- 1C Milk
- 1C Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1t Cinnamon
- 2T Light Brown Sugar
- 1C Old Fashioned Oats
- 1C chopped apple (about 1 medium apple)
- ½ C Golden Raisins
- Start by pouring the cows milk and soy milk into a medium pot and heating at medium heat.
- Add the cinnamon and brown sugar and let the milk come to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add in the oats, apple and raisins and reduce the heat to med-low. You do not want this mixture to boil.
- Allow to cook for 8-10 or until the oatmeal and fruit are tender and the milk is all absorbed.
- Spoon into a bowl, top with fresh apple and cinnamon and dig in!