The recent time change has me thinking about all of the things I want to do this summer. For us, summer means playing outside, lots of grilling, and fun summer treats.
One of the all time best summer treats is s’mores! Gooey, chocolatey, messy and crazy good. As I was thinking of all of the fun treats I want to make with my munchkins this summer, s’mores kept coming to my mind. This recipe almost immediately popped into my head and I couldn’t be more excited about it. It was one of those moments for me that I thought “how have I never thought of this before?!”.
I decided to make them this morning before going to the zoo. They were the perfect treat for wondering around the zoo looking at all of the animals. I love having something special for my boys to snack on when we go somewhere. Partly because it makes me feel like a “cool” mom and partly because it saves me from buying $100 worth of snacks.
Before topping the treats with marshmallows and chocolate chips; I use a piece of foil, sprayed with cooing spray, to evenly push them into the pan.
Who wants a bite??
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 7 cups honey graham cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips - separated
- 2 cups mini marshmallows - separated
- Spray a glass pyrex dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour cereal into pot and stir until completely coated with marshmallows. Add 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of mini marshmallows, stir to combine.
- Pour treats into the glass dish and spread out evenly. (I like to spray a piece of tin foil with cooking spray and use that to push the treats into the dish.) Top the treats with the remaining chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until treats have cooled completely. Cut and dig in!