This recipe came out of complete necessity. I am obsessed with chocolate covered pretzels and last week I NEEDED some! I decided to add caramel and sprinkles because I’m a rebel like that.
Want to know my favorite part of starting a blog? Having an excuse to make as many treats as I want. “Yes, honey, it was absolutely necessary that I make 12 batches of chocolate caramel pretzels. And yes, I had to eat all of them. It’s called quality control.”
After making (and eating) far too many to admit, I decided that I should share the wealth and make them as a fun valentine treat for Carson’s teachers. I had been making these with chopped pecans and enjoying every bite but I thought heart sprinkles would make them more festive. Plus, I had a ton of heart sprinkles because I can’t resist buying anything holiday related.
How cute and delicious are these? Can you see the pretzels under there? I hope not!
You can use any caramel that you want for this recipe, just make sure that you heat it up so it drizzles easily over the pretzels. I used my 7 minute caramel. I cook it file melting the chocolates and everything is ready at the same time. Perfection.
My youngest helper snuck a sample. Or 3.
- 12 large twist pretzels
- ½ cup caramel
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- chopped pecans or sprinkles
- Spread pretzels out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place caramel, white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls. melt according to package instructions.
- Use a spoon to drizzle caramel over pretzels. Pour white chocolate and milk chocolate into sandwich bags. Cut a small hole in the corner of each bag and drizzle chocolate over the pretzels.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans or sprinkles over the top.
- Allow chocolate to harden in the fridge or on the counter for 20 minutes.